Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Report: Nintendo recalling Wii consoles due to incorrect spelling



Back in the Golden Days (1910-2003) kids made their Christmas wish lists by flipping through the giant Sears book and cutting out/circling every single toy they wanted.  All of 'em.  It worked well.  It gave the parents or guardian or Toys for Tots representative a visual depiction of what the child's tiny little heart desired.  I did this all the time.  I circled many a ping-pong table and He-Man playset in my youth.  Also, you knew it was a sign that you were growing up when you spent a LITTLE more time looking at the weight benches and batting gloves than you did looking at the latest Kenner had to offer.  It's the God's honest truth.  And God should tell the truth, especially around Christmas.  His own boy died on this day for your sins.

Back to my point: has the Sears book been totally phased out?  I don't see it anywhere, at least not in my apartment I don't see it.  I think it's been ditched in favor of something more "digital".  Online shopping and online poker, everything is online these days!  It's like there's this little virtual world out there, free of worry and debt and exploration and corruption.  Ugh.

I, for one, will never understand it.  Check out this hyperlink though:

No comments: